At CE Wilson Consulting, solid, proven Project Management methodology is at the heart of everything we do. But we go far beyond the basics of helping you bring a project to completion on time and on budget. Every relationship begins with a deep dive into your business, your team, and the goals you are trying to achieve. It’s not just a project – it’s an experience.
What Makes Us Different?
- We are hungry for information. In our world, there is no such thing as a minor detail. By truly understanding the full scope of your project and its impact on key stakeholders, we become invested in helping you achieve your goals.
- We are eager to engage. We integrate seamlessly into your organization and become a part of your team, not a resource removed from it. Whether on-site or remote, we evaluate team engagement and morale through the life of the project.
- We have been where you are. Whenever possible, we pair you with a project manager who has real-world experience in your industry, as well as someone who is a good fit culturally. We find it adds an extra layer of understanding, and shortens the time it takes to get up-to-speed on your project.
We understand every organization and every project has its own unique set of challenges, and we customize the Project Management experience to accommodate those differences. Of course, our process always follows established methodology and best practices.
Here is an overview of what you can expect:
- Gather information. We help you identify a problem or opportunity for improvement, who it impacts and potential solutions.
- Develop a plan. Once we determine what you are trying to accomplish, we develop and propose a road map to get you where you want to go. This is also when we define the scope and goals of the project.
- Get organizational buy-in. We understand how challenging it can be to get everyone on board. We help you get buy-in from key stakeholders at every level of your organization.
- Manage the scope and schedule. This is where your Project Manager and Coordinator will shine. They’ll keep the team and the project steadily moving toward completion, while troubleshooting any challenges that arise and consistently communicating with key stakeholders so no one is left in the dark.
- Manage vendors. If your project needs the assistance of outside vendors, we will loop them into the process and manage them as part of the team.
- Implement the project. We will be right there with you when you launch the finished project to help you introduce it to the organization and celebrate the team’s success.
- Train the organization. If needed, we will help you train staff on the changes you implement to ensure all that hard work doesn’t go to waste.
- Short- and Long-Term Follow-Up. We stay in touch immediately after implementation and in the following months to ensure things continue to go smoothly and that you are seeing the results you planned for.
Facets of Project Management
IT Project Management
Managing IT projects from beginning to end comes with numerous challenges that can impact the end result. We integrate both technical and business aspects of your project and engage all affected business units in a way that’s organized and cohesive, maximizing your ROI.
Our IT Project Management:
- Helps companies clarify what they really want and need from a project before diving into the project management process
- Provides clear direction on identifying challenges and coordinating solutions
- Guides the team through the execution of a defined plan
- Monitors and controls project deliverables, time, cost, scope, quality, risk, communications and other factors to ensure project objectives are achieved during each phase
- Helps successfully transfer ownership of the project from the project team to operations, equipping key employees with the tools and knowledge needed to be successful in the future
- Ensures best practices are followed throughout all phases of the project plan, ultimately saving time, money and resources
We help companies overcome common IT Project Management challenges, including:
- Getting key stakeholders on board
- Managing milestones and project progress to ensure everyone is engaged at the right times
- Purchasing a product prior to defining your business requirements, which can lead to expensive customization efforts
- Managing vendors to implement your solutions
Portfolio Project Management
Portfolio Management is the process and ability to view your portfolio of projects and identify the initiatives you want to invest in. It offers visibility into time, cost and resource constraints. We can help you:
- Make better investment decisions that align with your strategic objectives
- Obtain more control and visibility over how you spend your valuable resources, including time cost and people
- Realize your maximum ROI on project investments
The Project Management Office is a centralized group that manages the governance around Project Management. Most often part of the IT department, the PMO helps define the Project Management process and ensures people adhere to it. We can help you:
- Develop a new PMO or help move your existing PMO to the next maturity level
- Assess where you are now, where you want to go and help you get there
- Mentor the team to achieve success milestones
- Provide PM consulting support and expertise as your team develops
IT Services Delivery
Irrespective of your industry, the business of IT and the services the department provides to its customers are critical. Defining those services, how they are delivered and the cost to deliver them benefits your organization overall. Our IT Services Delivery helps organizations look at overall services versus individual components. We can assist you with:
- Implementing an IT services delivery process
- Taking inventory of services and determining costs to provide them
- Developing a catalog of services as a process management tool
- Managing the purchase of a service delivery tool, and guiding the vendor through implementation